Amazon is hiring more than 15,000 full-time and part-time employees across Canada this fall and will increase employee wages.
Frontline employees will receive $ 17 to $ 21.65 per hour with comprehensive benefits beginning day one. According to an Amazon press release, the benefits include health, dentistry and vision. The company will also offer training and education programs such as the Career Choice program and family support plans.
Current, full-time and part-time employees will also receive $ 1.60 to $ 2.20 per hour starting immediately, regardless of their tenure.
Additionally, Amazon says that each of its full-time employees has access to the following benefits:
- Wages of $ 17 per hour at $ 21.65 per hour, with a $ 100 bonus for new and current employees showing proof of vaccination
- Comprehensive health benefits from day one with no waiting period
- RRSP match
- Stock Units
- Special Kids & Company packages including a guaranteed spot at Kids & Company child care locations within six months of registration, a 10 percent discount on monthly center tuition, waived registration fees, options supportive care and access to virtual workshops and events
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan provided by LifeWorks and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help Amazon employees and their family members feel supported, over the phone, online and in person.
- Access to training programs to improve the skills found with employees where they are, through Amazon’s commitment to invest $ 75 million train 100,000 Amazonians by 2025
- Additional paid parental leave benefits for eligible employees
The press release also indicates that all full-time employees can join Amazon’s Career Choice program, which can cover up to 95 percent of tuition fees.
In other recent news from Amazon Canada, the company expanded in BC with new fulfillment sorting centers, closed a warehouse in May in Ontario, announced plans to launch a robot-operated warehouse in Parkland County, Alberta, and canceled Prime Day. in Canada.