The suspect was arrested Friday in connection with an assault and forced confinement that occurred two days before the killings.

Article content

A 34-year-old man faces charges in connection with a double homicide committed on Dec. 8 at a pension in the Charlesbourg district of Quebec City, police announced Wednesday.

Article content

In a statement, Quebec City police said a man was arrested on Friday, December 10, in connection with an assault and forced confinement that occurred on December 6, two days before the killings. He was charged and remains in detention.

Police said the man had been considered a suspect in connection with the killings from the time the investigation began.

The bodies of Stéphane Deschênes and Mario Anctil, both 51, were discovered by firefighters while fighting a fire that had deliberately started in a pension, police said.

The nature of the charges related to the killings has yet to be determined. The suspect is expected to appear in court Wednesday afternoon.

Reference-montrealgazette.com

Trending on Canadian News  The Government believes that it can last until 2023 despite the crisis with ERC

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.