The Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS) reported that in the accumulated of the first quarter of 2022 they have been pensioned by Retirement Fund Administrators (Afores) 5,976 workers.

In March alone, 2,476 people retired, according to data from the Mexican Social Security Institute.

Likewise, it was reported at the Social Security Week, organized in the Senate, that from January 2021 to March 2022, Afore pensioners total 35,692 people.

Of which, 33,751 have benefited from the reform since they had less than 1,250 weeks of contributions, according to data shown by the IMSS in the panel “Advances and status of the pension reform 2020″.

It should be remembered that for the second generation of Afores, at least 775 weeks of contributions will be necessary to be entitled to a pension.

The IMSS reported that of the 35,692 pensioners, 54% (18,335) correspond to men and 46% (15,416) to women. 78% (26,363) of the new pensioners have a pension range of less than 3,500 pesos per month. The remaining 22% (7,385) have a pension between 3,500 and 10,000 pesos.

The payment of pension through the use of an insurer only represents 0.008%, that is, only three people have this service.

The regulatory authority, eat reported that the average replacement rate is 74% for more than 35,692 pensioners. Meanwhile, 59% of all Afore pensioners are in an age range of 60 to 65 years; 28%, between 65 and 70 years old; and 13% 70 years and older.

[email protected]



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.