The SPARK Photo Festival returns in September 2021!
The SPARK Photo Festival is a celebration of photography and the artists, dreamers, innovators, storytellers, professionals and enthusiasts behind the camera lens. Photographic exhibits will appear in locations throughout the region in galleries, public spaces, and outdoors throughout the month. All exhibits are free.
Check sparkphotofestival.org for up-to-date details of the 25+ exhibits and our new downloadable digital catalog.
The list of exhibits can be found at sparkpsparkphotofestival.org/exhibits
The highlights of the 2021 festival:
– Over 25 exhibits in Peterborough, the town of Kawartha Lakes and Northumberland County
– Hundreds of images from across the region and around the world will adorn the walls of shops, restaurants, the mall, galleries and the library, some will be out in the open and on windows for all to see.
– The exhibitors are mainly photographers from the region; others from the GTA; all are Ontario residents
– Showcase display marking the 20thth anniversary of the Peterborough Dragon Boat Festival featuring hundreds of images from six volunteer photographers from the event, curated by co-founder and former SPARK Festival director Robert Boudreau; the exhibit will be displayed in Peterborough Square on the lower level
– Two juried themed exhibits: each showcases the top 25 images selected by jurors from entries by photographers from across Ontario for our themed competition
– 2020 Movement will be exhibited with the Showcase in Peterborough Square and – 2021’s Nourish: Eat, Drink, Enjoy is an outdoor display on George Street in downtown Peterborough (near the Venture North parking lot)
The 4 best images receive cash prizes; Movement the winners were announced on Global in 2020, and the winners of Nourish It will be announced on September 1 via a live stream on social media.