Last week, Alberta’s privacy commissioner deemed the province’s ABTraceTogether contact tracing app a security risk on iPhones.
On Monday, the province’s premier, Jason Kenney, addressed the media with an update to the status of ABTraceTogether. Alberta said back in May it was working with Apple and Google to improve their app, which requires an iPhone screen to remain on and unlocked for the app to work.
“We have been trying to resolve that problem, which requires cooperation with Google and Apple,” Kenney told reporters, according to Global News.
“Unfortunately, the government of Canada has told Google and Apple not to work with the government of Alberta, or other provincial governments, on improving the Trace Together app,” added the premier.
“They’ve done so because they s...