The federal government has now also classified France and the Netherlands as corona risk areas. Where else can you safely travel now?
- Not just in Germany, also abroad the Infections with the coronavirus is increasing rapidly.
- Germany now has, among other things, too France and the Netherlands when Risk area classified.
- But which countries are still risk free and how is that done Classification as a risk area?
Frankfurt – While corona rules such as the ban on accommodation are being discussed in Germany, the federal government has closed other regions abroad Risk areas explained. This includes from Saturday (October 17, 2020) among others all of mainland France, all of the Netherlands, Malta, northern Portugal, parts of Poland and Sweden, and the Italian regions of Campania and Liguria.
In France, over 30,000 new corona infections were reported within 24 hours on Thursday – a new high since the beginning of the large-scale Corona testing in France. On Wednesday, the French government announced the reintroduction of the health emergency from this Saturday.
France and Netherlands from Saturday Corona risk area in Germany
But not only France is considered Risk area. Also the Slovakia, areas in Finland, Great Britain, Ireland, Croatia, Slovenia and Hungary as well as eight cantons of Switzerland are now on the risk list like that Robert Koch Institute (RKI) announced on Thursday (October 15, 2020) on his page.
For the first time since spring, the French border region Grand Est with Alsace, Lorraine and the administrative district of Champagne-Ardenne is considered Risk area. Thus, of the five overseas departments, only the island of Mayotte off Africa in the Indian Ocean is risk-free. There are also various autonomous overseas territories.
– Robert Koch-Institut (@rki_de) August 10, 2020
By adding the province Zeeland applies from Saturday entire Netherlands as a risk area. In Sweden, the province around the capital Stockholm is affected. Because five Polish regions including the metropolises of Gdansk and Krakow are now on the risk list, it will start on Saturday none of Germany’s nine neighboring countries without a risk area be. The Polish border areas have so far been spared. Nevertheless, new border closings are feared. In Poland, 8,099 new infections had been registered within the past 24 hours – more than ever before and even more than in the same period in Germany.
Popular travel destinations in Italy are now corona risk areas
Meanwhile, some popular travel destinations are also in Italy affected. So it will be from Saturday southern Italian Campania with Naples, the Amalfi coast and the islands Capri and Ischia as well as the north-western coastal region Liguria to Genoa on the list of risk areas.
This means that a corona traffic light map published by the EU is closed Travel restrictions almost half of all states as Corona-Risikogebiet marked with red. In this map, only three countries in the EU or the European Economic Area (Norway, Finland and Greece) are currently predominantly green. Germany is marked in gray on the map due to missing data.
Which countries are not yet a risk area – and when they will be classified
There are only a few countries left that Completely free from risk areas are. These are Greece, Cyprus, San Marino, Monaco, Liechtenstein and the Vatican. Also Norway is not on the list.
The classification as Corona-Risikogebiet occurs when a country or region exceeds the limit of 50 new infections per 100,000 inhabitants in the past seven days (the so-called 7 day incidence). This is now completely the case for around 130 countries and for over a dozen other countries.
From Saturday: Germany’s newly designated corona risk areas
The following newly designated regions and countries apply from Saturday, October 17, 2020, at midnight as a corona risk area:
- Finland: The Österbotten region is considered a risk area
- France: The whole of continental France as well as the French overseas territory of Martinique are now considered a risk area.
- Ireland: The regions Mid-West, South-West, Mid-East, West and Midlands are now also considered risk areas.
- Italy: The regions of Campania and Liguria are considered risk areas.
- Croatia: The Grad (city) Zagreb and Međimurska counties are now also considered risk areas.
- Malta: The entire country of Malta is considered a risk area.
- Netherlands: The whole of the Netherlands (including the autonomous countries) is now considered a risk area.
- Poland: Die Regionen Kujawsko-Pomorskie, Małopolskie, Podlaski, Pomorskie and Świętokrzyskie gelten als Risikogebiete.
- Portugal: The Norte region is now also considered a risk area.
- Sweden: The provinces of Jämtland, Örebro, Stockholm and Uppsala are considered risk areas.
- Switzerland: The cantons of Friborg, Jura, Neuchâtel, Nidwalden, Schwyz, Uri, Zurich and Zug are now also considered risk areas.
- Slovakia: The entire country of Slovakia is now considered a risk area.
- Slovenia: The regions Jugovzhodna Slovenija, Pomurska and Podravska are now also considered risk areas.
- Hungary: The region / county Veszprém is now also considered a risk area.
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: England: The East Midlands and West Midlands regions are now also considered risk areas.
In addition, that has RKI one on his homepage List of all risk areas released. (nc mit afp)
List of rubric lists: © Stefan Puchner / dpa