Who gave refuge to the murderer of Marta Calvo during the 21 days of escape?

That someone helped Jorge Ignacio PJ in the 21 days that he was on the run from the murder of Marta Calvo until he turned himself in, once he had planned and rethought his version of events, is a question about which the Civil Guard has no doubt . But naming this cover-up — or cover-ups — is another matter entirely.

And it will not be because you have not put all your effort. For months, the joint Civil Guard team made up of Homicide investigation specialists from the Valencia Command and the Central Operational Unit (UCO), has clung to one of the few tangible things at its disposal to try to locate the Marta’s body, given the guilty silence of the accused: trace his movements from the study of voice and data traffic and connections to antennas with some of the nine mobile phone lines that were active at the time.

Thanks to this, he has determined not only what he did in the seven days after the crime – between November 7 and 13, when he left Manuel y l’Olleria, as detailed yesterday Lift-EMV, media that belongs to the same group as this newspaper, in a schedule of its adventures—, but also where he was during the three weeks he was on the run, until it was delivered at 4:00 am on December 4 at the Carcaixent barracks.

Related news

On Wednesday, November 13, at three in the afternoon, Jorge Ignacio PJ definitively left – so far as it is known – Manuel. He put land in the way because he knew they were looking for him because of the disappearance of Marta Calvo. The girl’s mother had been with him the previous Friday to ask about Marta when he came to her house just one day after he killed her, although she still did not know. The following day, Saturday, he denounced the case and on Tuesday, the 12th, Marisol Burón mobilized the landlords so that the guy would show his face and appear at a barracks if, as he said, he knew nothing about Marta. The exchange of calls between the landlords and the mother of the alleged murderer, caused by pressure from Marisol, made him opt for the escape once the scene was controlled: he had disposed of the body, the car and left the house as he wanted, clean and with some clothes casually ‘forgotten’ in the bathroom where he would say he had dismembered them.

He took a train from Pobla Llarga to Valencia, where he arrived in the middle of the afternoon, and got rid of their phones and cards. But he kept one of the terminals: a BQ, Aquaris X2 model, widely used at the time among criminals – especially drug dealers and terrorists – because it allowed to host a system called Encrochat that encrypted conversations, making them impervious to police wiretapping – until the French Gendarmerie, with Dutch and British help, ‘blew up’ the network and its secrets in June 2020. But he did not take into account a detail: no matter how much the SIM he used was from a Dutch company, the phone was leaving a trace because it was connected to the antennas like any other mobile.

After five days of ‘silence’, he reconnected the BQ on November 19. And he used it at different times during his escape. Thanks to this, the telecommunications experts of the Civil Guard knew about his adventures at that time, so they got down to work to try to identify who could be helping him.

At 6:40 p.m. on November 19, a security camera at the ADIF station in Gandia recorded it on the premises. From that night until the following afternoon, that number was connected to two antennas in Pedreguer: one of them located in the Plaza Mayor and the other, in the La Muntanya urbanization, a nucleus made up of hundreds of single-family villas.

He was captured again by the same camera on November 20, at 6:53 p.m., so investigators from the joint Valencia Homicide team and the UCO concluded that someone had picked him up in Gandia and taken him to Pedreguer the 19 and had made the reverse trip with him a day later. It was the only explanation taking into account the little time elapsed between the recording in Gandia and the telephone positioning in Pedreguer, two municipalities that are 35 kilometers apart, a journey that a private tourism makes in half an hour, while the only public transport that It connects them, a regular bus line, it takes an hour and a half to cover the same distance.

After that, the suspected serial killer stopped using the encrypted phone for four days. He returned to position, this time in Cullera, where connections to antennas are registered for four days, until November 28. It was the last time.

But there is another undoubted location: Carcaixent. The neatness of his clothes and the time he appeared at the barracks lead investigators to believe that he did not walk.

With all this information, the telecommunications experts got down to work: they studied all the telephones that were connected to these repeaters in the ‘hot’ hours to look for space-time coincidences with the geolocations of Jorge Ignacio PJ

The analysis of call and data traffic in Castelló —is included in the study because it is believed that he spent the night at some point in that municipality on the nights of November 11 and 12, before his escape—, the Gandia station, Pedreguer, Cullera and Carcaixent allowed to isolate 19 coincidences. Each of them was examined and the line holders identified.

But without results. Either the synchronization was too brief to justify that it was someone who was with the fugitive, or there was only a single connection from that mobile, the result rather of a casual crossing with the suspect. All 19 were discarded. There are only two explanations: or Jorge Ignacio really traveled alone, unlikely, or whoever accompanied him and helped him was smarter than him and never did it with a cell phone on.


Leave a Comment