WFPS responds to house fire caused by unsupervised cooking – Winnipeg | The Canadian News

A home in Winnipeg’s St. Vital area was left with fire, smoke and water damage after a blaze Saturday night.

Crews from the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service (WFPS) responded to the fire inside a single-family bungalow on Munn Road around 10:06 p.m. when they drove into thick smoke and flames.

The fire was controlled twenty minutes later.

The WFPS says the fire was accidentally caused by unsupervised cooking and is reminding people how to avoid such accidents.

Read more:

House fire that killed 2 people in Northwest Manitoba is now considered a homicide – RCMP

They suggest staying in the kitchen while cooking and keeping things like oven mitts, wooden utensils, packaging, towels, and curtains away from the stove.

The story continues below the ad.

They also remind residents never to use water to put out an oil fire; instead, use a kitchen fire extinguisher or cover the top with a metal lid.

It is unknown how much damage to the house caused by the fire will cost.

© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Leave a Comment