At least 80 per cent of residents 18 and older in three of Ottawa’s 102 neighborhoods have received three doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, as health officials continue to encourage residents to receive their booster shot.
The Ottawa Neighborhood Study shows the three neighborhoods with the highest third dose rates are: Island Park – Wellington Village, Old Ottawa South and Rockcliffe Park.
As of March 14, 64 per cent of Ottawa residents aged 18 and older have received three doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. According to Ottawa Public Health, 794,622 people aged 18 and older have received one dose, 722,795 residents have received two doses and 541,941 people have received a third dose.
Last week, medical officer of health Dr. Vera Etches noted that while Ottawa had “good vaccine coverage rates”, many residents have not received a booster shot.
“More than ever, it is crucial that residents, especially those over the age of 50, get vaccinated with three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine to maximize their protection against serious illness, complications and death from COVID-19,” Etches said in to statement.
The neighborhood of Island Park – Wellington Village has the highest rate of residents aged 18 and older with three doses of the COVID-19 vaccine at 84 per cent. Old Ottawa South has 83 per cent of residents 18 and over with three doses, while Rockcliffe Park is third at 80 per cent.
The neighborhood of Vars has the highest rate of residents 5 and older with two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine at 103 per cent, but only 74 per cent of residents 18 and older have received a third shot.
The Ottawa Neighborhood Study looks at the vaccination rates of residents in all neighborhoods across the city, as of March 14.
Ottawa neighborhoods with the highest third dose rates (18+)
- Island Park – Wellington Village – 84 per cent
- Old Ottawa South – 83 per cent
- Rockcliffe Park – 80.1 per cent
- Cumberland – 79.6 per cent
- Laurentian – 78.4 per cent
- Glebe – Dow’s Lake – 78 per cent
- Merivale Gardens – Grenfell Glen – Pineglen – Country Place – 77.9 per cent
- Lindenlea–New Edinburgh – 77.8 per cent
- Crystal Bay – Lakeview Park – 76.7 per cent
- Hunt Club Woods – Quintarra – Revelstoke – 75.1 per cent
- Westboro – 74.8 per cent
- Trend – Arlington – 74.7 per cent
- Vars – 74.1 per cent
- Bells Corners East – 73.2 per cent
- Borden Farm – Fisher Glen – 73.2 per cent
(As ofMarch 14, 2022)
Ottawa neighborhoods with the lowest third dose rates (18+)
- Ledbury – Heron Gate – Ridgemont – 39.2 per cent
- Parkwood Hills–Stewart Farm–42.1 per cent
- Bayshore – Belltown – 45.8 per cent
- Hawthrone Meadows – Sheffield Glen – 47.3 per cent
- Emerald Woods – Sawmill Creek – 49.5 per cent
- Overbrook – McArthur – 50.6 per cent
- Hunt Club Park – 52.4 per cent
- Vanier South – 52.8 per cent
- Lowertown – 52.9 per cent
- Carlington – 53.4 per cent
(As ofMarch 14, 2022)
The total population for each Ottawa neighborhood is based on neighborhood population estimates as of Sept. 1, 2021.
The Canadian News
Canada’s largets news curation site with over 20+ agency partners