The seer Pepita Vilallonga, sentenced to two and a half years in prison for fraud

The Barcelona Court has sentenced two and a half years in prison and disqualification from exercising economic activities of the television seer Pepita Vilallonga and two members of her team for having defrauded a 57-year-old woman who was experiencing family and financial problems and was suffering from severe depression. The court agrees with the private accusation, brought by the lawyer Judit Cunill, since the prosecution did not attribute any crime. In the case of confirming this sentence, the defendants would enter prison. The sentence emphasizes that the defendants managed to “deceptive tricks” to place R. “in a complete and irrational state of panic” in order to get him to disburse an amount of money.

The defendants developed their professional activity from an esoteric L’espai cabinet of Pepita Vilallonga, advertising themselves in audiovisual media. With an office in Barcelona, ​​they offered occult services, mysticism, esotericism, rituals and the sale of magical material, among others. R., the complainant, heard the clairvoyant speak one day and they began a first contact by phone in November 2016, arranging an appointment at the premises. That day, the defendants gave him some tarot tests.

Imminent death

The seer announced an imminent death to him, as well as that of her pets, because she suffered from an evil eye, creating in R. a state of “fear and insecurity”, according to the sentence of Section 8 of the Court. “Taking advantage of that vulnerability”, of which the fortune teller quickly realized, and “with the intention of benefiting economically at her expense”, the three defendants, put together, offered R. the “possibility of solving this danger” .

First, the collaborators of the television station guess, “warned of the emotional fragility” of the woman, confirmed her prognosis and threw “holy water” on her, at the same time that they explained to her a similar case that they had had in the cabinet and that ended with the death of the daughter of the family. In this way, according to the court ruling, the accused contributing “to definitively transmit” to the victim “a severe fear for his life that led her to comply from that moment on” with everything that the accused were telling her.

That same day, at the request of the seer’s assistants, R. entered 4,400 euros in cash that he had taken from an ATM. He had promised her that “everything would be solved faster” if she paid in cash. They agreed that they would meet again in a few days. In this second interview, R. was informed that “her illness was so serious” that they needed the help of a supposed religious from the Vatican and “whose help” was “essential” to keep her alive, asking her for another 10,000 euros for ” all the services “that the priest had to” render to save his life. ” Immense in a state of “panic”, the woman agreed and even the next day that supposed priest appeared, “who spoke to her in Italian” and explained that he was going to Jerusalem that same day “with the objective” to prevent him from passing away.

El “father George”

Related news

The deception, the judges declare proven, he continued, R. returned to the cabinet and received the news from the seer’s assistants that “Father Giorgio” had suffered an accident when he got off the plane and that this was also going to happen to him. to her, “what terrified the woman”, who is asked at that time for another 17,000 euros, reminding her of what had happened to a family that had lost a daughter. That same day, they gave him a crucifix that Father Giorgio had sent. Then he paid the amount demanded. The defendants came to pretend that they were talking on the phone with the alleged religious. After a few days, they demanded another 10,000 euros, but she only paid out 3,000 euros more because she did not have more cash.

A As of December 16 of that year, R. began to call the cabinet regularly by phone, “without obtaining a response to his request that they deliver the invoices for what he had paid, being summoned for January 31. When he went to the premises , the woman “was intimidated” by the three defendants, say the magistrates, to sign a document according to which she would have received a ritual service of “opening roads”, also ordering her to call the cabinet by phone requesting that service The defendants then realized that the victim was carrying a tape recorder in his purse and they stole it from him. The sentence underlines that the defendants succeeded, through “deceptive tricks,” in placing R. “in a complete and irrational state of panic.”

Leave a Comment