Canada has a vibrant gambling industry. Land-based establishments and online websites offer a stunning variety of entertainment for every taste and budget. Some of the biggest casinos have been around for decades! Today, we will look at the history of the giant corporation behind one of the most spectacular venues in the country.
The global pandemic has hurt the offline industry, but it is poised to recover. Canada is a well-visited country known for its spectacular views, metropolitan cities, and diverse entertainment. It attracts travellers looking for adventure. While browsing real money casinos in Canada is exciting, many gamblers miss the glitz and glamour of Casino Niagara in Ontario.
Overview of the Casino
This establishment is owned by the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation. It is found in a city famous for its metropolitan lifestyle, as well as marvellous beaches and spectacular wilderness. Ontario is a great place to visit, as it has so much variety. Casino near is the highlight of any travel guide. As the name suggests, it is located near a world-famous landmark — Niagara Falls.
On the promises, you will find a stunning 13,000+ slot machines complemented by three dozen tables for gambling classics like poker and roulette. This scope is astonishing, and every visitor is guaranteed to find something delightful. So, who is behind this incredible entertainment venue?
History of Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation
This company, whose name is often abbreviated to OLG, has been around for over two decades. It belongs to the government of the city and manages the lotteries, charity, commercial casinos and slot machines in the province. The corporation also oversees aboriginal casinos and horse races.
The giant was established in 2000 when the Ontario Lottery Corporation (OLC) was unified with the Ontario Casino Corporation (OCC), another large organization known since 1994. Today, OLG is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, while its prize centre is in Toronto. The Minister of Finance is a member of the board of directors.
Before 1994, gambling in Canada was limited to lotteries. Here are the first steps in the establishment of land-based casinos:
- After the Ontario Casino Corporation was formally established in 1994, Interim Casino Windsor opened on the riverfront in Windsor. This was the first land-based casino in the country.
- The next year, the first riverboat casino called The Northern Belle Casino, opened in the same location to manage overcrowding.
- In 1996, the corporation opened Casino Rama situated near Orilla.
- In 1998, the new Casino Windsor became permanent, replacing the interim establishment and the Northern Belle Casino.
- Over the next few years, the corporation was launching slots in different locations, such as the Hiawatha Horse Park and the Western Fair raceway.
- In 1999, Brantford Charity Casino was opened.
Since then, the corporation has created dozens of other establishments across the country. Casino Niagara is one of the most spectacular projects of all. On your next trip to Canada, be sure to visit one of the spectacular casinos run by the OLG.