The Saskatoon Fire Department was called to an early-morning blaze on Sunday in the 300 block of 109th Street West.
It was reported around 5:13 am that there was a fire in a furnace room.
Attending the fire were three fire engines, one ladder unit, one rescue unit and the battalion chief.
Saskatoon garage fire deemed accidental due to block heater
A power line was down in the backyard and utility companies were notified by the fire dispatchers to respond for safety reasons and make sure utilities were completely shut down.
The fire investigator was dispatched at 5:26 am to attend the scene.
Crews extinguished the fire and searched the structure to make sure no occupants were inside.
The fire was under control in the basement of the structure but had spread to the main floor and through the roof.
Live coverage: Trucker convoy protest continues in Ottawa
‘Just sickening’: Backlash after Terry Fox statue ‘appropriated’ at Ottawa trucker rally
The ladder truck and crew were able to extinguish the fire coming from the attic / roof area.
Fire crews were still on the scene as of 9 am
No evacuation after carbon monoxide leaked at Saskatoon Inn
All occupants are accounted for and smoke alarms alerted them to the fire.
The fire department said an update will be provided at a later time.
© 2022 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.