A man in his 30s was shot on Sunday afternoon in Repentigny, but his life is not in danger.
The victim was transported to a Montreal hospital to treat non-life-threatening injuries, according to the Repentigny City Police Department (SPVR).
READ MORE: Plante pledges $ 110 million to tackle gun violence as Montreal police report 2 more homicides
The 34-year-old man, known to the police, was shot three times.
Police say they are not cooperating with investigators. “We have a good idea what may have happened, but for the moment the investigation is continuing,” said SPVR spokesman Bruno Marier.
No further details about the shooting were released, so as not to interfere with the investigators’ work.
The police were alerted at 5:17 p.m. that shots had been heard on rue de La Matapédia.
READ MORE: Activists Respond to Reupentigny Police Plan, Que., To Address Racial Profiling
Officers toured the neighborhood Sunday night as a crime scene technician inspected the scene.
No suspect has been arrested in connection with this incident.
“The fact that the victim collaborates more or less delays the continuation of things,” Marier said.
© 2021 The Canadian Press