New details emerge after mass shooting at Tulsa doctor’s office

New details are expected about a mass shooting that left 5 people dead, including the shooter on Wednesday afternoon. On Thursday morning, TPD, Tulsa Mayor GT Bynum, and Saint Francis Health System officials will provide the latest updates at a news conference at Saint Francis Heart Hospital at 10 a.m.

Tulsa police say the shooter entered the second floor of the Natalie Medical building with a pistol and rifle and shot and killed four people, before taking his own life.

The four people who died were employees of the Saint Francis Health System.

Tulsa police say the initial active shooter call to the hospital came at 4:52 p.m. Wednesday night and officers arrived at the scene less than four minutes later.

Related stories:

  1. Five dead in mass shooting at Tulsa doctor’s office
  2. Bomb threat at Muskogee home linked to Tulsa hospital shooting, police confirm
  3. Governor Stitt issues statement after deadly shooting
  4. The doctor’s office will be closed for the rest of the week after the deadly shooting

His first move was to search for the shooter. Police say that when the first officers entered the building, they could hear gunshots, and that’s what led them to the second floor.

Police say they found the victims and suspect at 5:01 p.m., just ten minutes after receiving the first call.

Related stories:

  1. Witness describes scene of Tulsa hospital shooting
  2. TPD uses Memorial High School as a site for family and friends searching for loved ones after a shooting
  3. Officers had quick response time to Tulsa hospital shooting
  4. White House reports mass shooting at Tulsa doctor’s office

Officers initially found only three victims and the shooter, then found another victim hiding in a closet who died on the way to the hospital.

A representative from Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt’s office says he spoke with Mayor GT Bynum to express his condolences and offer any state resources that may be needed. President Biden was also briefed on the situation in Tulsa:

The CEO and president of the Saint Francis Health System, Dr. Cliff Robertson, who was shocked by what happened, spoke about the quick response of the Tulsa first responders.

“I can’t stay here and not thank the first responders in this city. I mean, look around, the response has been incredible. I don’t know. I’ve really understood how important our first responders can be in our day-to-day lives,” he said. Dr. Robertson.

Tulsa police have not yet released the name of the shooter or the slain victims.

Related stories:

  1. Senator James Lankford Released Statement Following Deadly Mass Shooting at Tulsa Medical Building
  2. Tulsa Mayor GT Bynum reacts to deadly mass shooting at Tulsa doctor’s office
  3. Saint Francis Health System issues statement after 4 employees killed in mass shooting
  4. Mayor GT Bynum comments on speed of first responders to Tulsa mass shooting

New details about the shooting Thursday morning are expected from Tulsa police and Tulsa Mayor GT Bynum at a news conference to be held at the hospital at 10 a.m.

Leave a Comment