New Brunswick reported 99 new COVID-19 cases, setting a new record for single-day infections on Thursday.
The province also reported the death of two people, one aged 40 to 49 in Zone 3 (Fredericton region) and the other aged 60 to 69 in Zone 4 (Edmundston region) due to COVID-19. This brings the total number of COVID-19-related deaths in the province to 59.
Public Health said the number of active cases is now 690. Of the new cases, 72 people – or 73 percent – are not fully vaccinated.
NB ER doctor establishes a COVID-19 testing center for volunteers in Dieppe
exist 40 people hospitalized for the virus, 16 in an intensive care unit. Currently, no one under the age of 19 is hospitalized.
Public health also reported that 80 percent of eligible New Brunswick residents are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and 88.9 percent have received their first dose of a vaccine.
Of the 99 new cases, 36 are in Zone 1 (Moncton region), two are in Zone 2 (Saint John region), and 24 are in Zone 3 (Fredericton region).
There’s also 29 new cases in Zone 4 (Edmundston region), three in Zone 5 (Campbellton region), two in Zone 6 (Bathurst region) and three in Zone 7 (Miramichi region).
More New Brunswickers Eligible for Third Dose of COVID-19 Vaccine
The province said positive cases have been confirmed in schools in zones 1 (Moncton region), 2 (Saint John region), 3 (Fredericton region) and 4 (Edmundston region).
Public Health provided the following list of schools that had a confirmed case:
- Zone 1 (Moncton Region): A positive case was confirmed at each of the following schools: Edith Cavell School, Maplehurst Middle School, Evergreen Park School, and Lewisville School, all located in Moncton. A new positive was confirmed in each of the following schools, which were previously affected: École Sainte-Thérèse in Dieppe, and Birchmount School and École Saint-Henri in Moncton.
- Zone 2 (Saint John Region): A positive case was confirmed at Hampton Elementary School.
- Zone 3 (Fredericton Region): Positive cases were confirmed at Hartland Community School.
- Zone 4 (Edmundston Region): A new positive case was confirmed at John Caldwell School in Grand Falls, which was previously affected.
- Since September 7, 59 schools and 26 early childhood education and care centers have had confirmed cases of COVID-19.
See link »
© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.