In the first three months of the year, the placement of households in Mexico City and surrounding areas of the State of Mexico and Hidalgo, it registered 5,415 units sold, which represented a moderate increase of 3.6% compared to the same period in 2021, according to the Tinsa Real Estate Situation report.

Although these figures could be encouraging, for the firm it is important to highlight that this placement of households Compared to the last quarter of 2021, it fell by 6.9 percent.

Among the more than 5,400 houses sold, Tinsa highlighted that almost half (49%) corresponds to the social segments, that is, the units with the lowest price.

“The social segments showed the highest participation with 49% of total sales; however, this segment showed a decrease of -13% compared to 4Q2021 (last quarter of 2021),” said Jesús Orozco de la Fuente, CEO of Tinsa Mexico.

The firm detailed that the average property values ​​​​started the year with an increase of 3.1%, compared to the last quarter of 2021, while per square meter, the growth was 2.5 percent.

The periphery, zone of dynamism

Tinsa reported in its results that most of the operations carried out in the first quarter were located in the municipalities surrounding Mexico City.

According to the report, 44% of the operations were carried out by households in Mexico City and the remaining 56% between the State of Mexico and Hidalgo.

According to the analysis, the metropolitan areas of the west and the south of the Valley of Mexico were where most of the sales were located.

What’s in the works

In the Valley of Mexico, inventories continue to grow, since the total available units stood at 61,255 units, which represented an increase of 5.4%, compared to the houses accounted for at the end of 2021.

Tinsa noted that in the first quarter of 2022, 1,563 projects were registered in development, of which nine out of 10 correspond to households vertical.

“By area, the Poniente of CDMX concentrated 65.9% of the total active developments,” Tinsa pointed out.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.