Hamilton fire crews rescue individual from downtown skyscraper fire – Hamilton | The Canadian News

Hamilton Fire Department officials say a person was rescued from a fire at a skyscraper in the city center.

Crews were called to an apartment building on Jackson Street West at Caroline Street South just before 4 p.m. Monday to receive reports of a fire.

When they arrived, they discovered that smoke was coming from one of the units.

Read more:

Pedestrian struck by vehicle on West Hamilton Mountain

Teams began fighting the fire and also searched the unit, where they discovered a patient in need of medical attention.

They were rescued and treated by paramedics, but officials did not have an update on the patient’s condition.

The fire is believed to have been caused by unsupervised cooking.

The story continues below the ad.

There is no damage estimate available at this time.

Click to play video: 'How Fire Marshal's Office Investigators Process Investigation Scenes'

How Investigators from the Fire Marshal’s Office Process Investigation Scenes

How Investigators from the Office of the Fire Marshal Process Investigation Scenes – October 22, 2021

© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.


Leave a Comment