Halifax Regional Police warn that a high-risk sex offender has been released in the region.
In a statement, police say 30-year-old Jeffrey Daniel MacIntyre was recently released from a correctional facility after completing a sentence for possession of child pornography and violation of an examination.
You have a prior conviction for sexual offenses against a child, including attracting a child, sexual assault, and possession of child pornography.
High-risk offender who served time for sexually assaulting a teenage girl now living in the Halifax region
Police say he has been assessed as having a high risk of recidivism.
“This information is provided to alert members of the public to your presence in our community and is not intended to encourage any form of vigilante activity or other unreasonable conduct,” the statement said.
MacIntyre must follow a number of strict conditions including:
- Do not participate in any activity, job or volunteer work that could bring contact with a person under 16 years of age.
- Do not participate in any activity that involves contact with a person under the age of 16, including using a computer to speak to them.
- Refrain from being within 100 meters of any public park, public swimming area, nursery school, school grounds, or community center where there is a reasonable expectation that children under the age of 16 will be present.
- Not possess, access, or use a computer, cell phone, or any other Internet-enabled device for any purpose, except in a place of employment for work-related purposes.
- Comply with a curfew to stay at your residence every day between 9:00 p.m. M. And 6:00 a. M., Except in the case of verifiable employment where you take the most direct route to and from your home.
- Refrain from the use, purchase, and possession of alcohol, illegal over-the-counter drugs, or prescription drugs that have not been prescribed for you.
- Do not enter any place where alcohol is sold or consumed as the main source of business.
Halifax Regional Police say citizens can contact police if they believe MacIntyre is violating any of these conditions.
© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.