• In addition to the four burned, three of them serious, the SEM has treated and discharged ‘in situ’ another nine people

Four people have been injured, three of them serious, in a fire that broke out this Friday at noon in a chemical recycling company, such as oils or solvents, located in an industrial estate of L ‘Arboç (Baix Penedès, Tarragona). The Bombers of the Generalitat have gone to the scene alerted by a call that referred to an explosion but what the emergency trucks have found upon arriving at the factory has been with a fire, which burned virulently and raised a dense column of smoke. It is possible, detail sources from the Bombers, that there has been a first deflagration from causes that are still unknown.

Although it is unknown what started the flames, some of the waste that this factory works with is flammable and that is why the fire has had fuel to burn five trucks and damage some vehicles parked nearby. Civil Protection It has not activated any emergency plan because there is no record of any leakage of substances that pose a risk.

The three most seriously injured have been transferred to the Vall d’Hebron hospital in Barcelona. The fourth, of a milder nature, has also been evacuated by ambulance to the El Vendrell hospital, a reference in the area. The Medical Emergency System (SEM) have also cared for other nine people those who have been discharged ‘in situ’ because none had injuries that required any medical treatment.

Social networks have shown images of the incident:

The warning of the fire, according to ACN, was at 11:02 am in a parking lot between two industrial buildings on Carrer de Tallers, in the town’s Foix industrial estate. The fire has completely burned the recycling shed and its deck collapsed. Collaterally, it has also affected a tank and three truck trailers on the next site.

Trending on Canadian News  Concamin joins AMLO's anti-inflationary plan and recognizes that the problem of inflation is global

Related news

The Bombers of the Generalitat have sent 11 teams. At 2:00 p.m., the person in charge of the operation considered the incident controlled and hoped to be able to turn it off completely immediately.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.