Gabby Petito, disappeared a couple of weeks ago | Photo: Joshua Carroll / The Washington Post
A body matching the description of 22-year-old Gabby Petito, who disappeared while on a cross-country road trip with her boyfriend, was found in Wyoming’s Bridger-Teton National Forest.
The last: The Denver FBI, National Park Service and law enforcement made the announcement during a press conference held this Sunday in Grand Teton National Park.
- Charles Jones, the FBI’s chief resident agent, said a full forensic identification has not yet been completed, but investigators have notified Petito’s parents.
- The cause of death has also not been determined. Jones declined to comment further on the investigation.
- Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito’s boyfriend, who returned home more than two weeks ago without Petito refused to speak to police, has not been seen since Tuesday, according to law enforcement authorities.
- Petito’s parents reported her missing on September 11 after not speaking to her for two weeks.
What do they say? “We continue to search for information on anyone who has used the Spread Creek Scattered Camping Area between the dates of August 27 and August 30. Anyone who may have had contact with Gabby, or her boyfriend or who may have seen her vehicle in that area, please share any new information with the FBI, ”Jones said.
- “Our focus from the beginning, along with the FBI, and national partners, has been to bring her (Petito) home,” the department tweeted.
Main source of the news: ABC News