COVID ASSESSMENT | 1901 Quebecers are currently hospitalized due to the virus; the balance sheet records 35 additional deaths.
- 772 new cases, for a total of 1,053,409 people infected*;
- 35 new deaths, for a total of 15,178 deaths;
- 6,463 healthcare workers absent for COVID-related reasons (preventive withdrawal, isolation, awaiting results, etc.);
- 1,901 hospitalizations, a decrease of 9 compared to the previous day;
- 99 new entries,
- 108 new releases;
- 66 people in intensive care, a number that remained stable compared to the previous day;
- 12 new entries,
- 12 new releases;
- 11,217 samples taken on May 8;
- 205,929 self-declared rapid tests so far, including 168,604 positive: 648 declared for the day yesterday, including 558 positive.
*Remember that the number of cases listed is not representative of the situation since access to screening centers is restricted to priority clienteles.
The Canadian News
Canada’s largets news curation site with over 20+ agency partners