Three more Saskatoon schools have announced COVID-19 outbreaks.
The Saskatchewan Health Authority (SHA) declared outbreaks at WP Bate, Ernest Lindner and Chief Whitecap elementary schools on Sunday.
According to the SHA, nine new infections have been reported at Chief Whitecap School, six at Ernest Lindner School, and three at WP Bate School.
COVID-19 – Saskatoon Mother Frustrated After Son’s Appointments, Surgery Canceled
The affected schools will resume classes as normal on Monday.
“The safety of our students and staff members is our priority. The safety protocols that our schools have in place, including mandatory masking and improved cleaning, are critical to reducing the risk of transmission, ”Saskatoon Public said in its statement.
Saskatoon Public Schools say they were notified of the outbreak statements on Monday. Since then, students, staff, and school families at each school have received communication about the outbreaks.
Since the start of the 2021-22 school year, the school division said it has reported 100 positive cases at 38 locations within the division.
© 2021 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.