COVID-19: A Look at the Numbers from Newmarket, Ontario, York Region


New shoots at Eagle Terrace, Southlake in Newmarket; Southlake reports increase in hospitalizations to 44; York Region Reports 1 More Death, Drop in Hospitalizations to 93; Ontario reports 16 more deaths as hospitalizations continue to drop

Newmarket (reported on Tuesday May 17 at 4 pm)

  • 7,470 cases of PCR confirmed cases of COVID-19
  • 10 new cases
  • 4 (+2) institutional outbreaks

    • Residential House Brigitta, 2 residents
    • Eagle Terrace Long Term Care Home, 2 staff, 7 residents
    • Southlake Regional Health Center, 13 patients
    • Southlake Residential Care Village, 28 (+1) staff, 14 residents

  • 0 more deaths, totaling 73
  • Residents 5+ with at least 1 dose 89.4%
  • Residents 5+ with 2 doses 87.0%

COVID-19 cases reported by Southlake Regional Health Center on May 18

  • Number of patients with COVID-19 in the ICU: 2 (+1)
  • Total number of COVID-19 patients: 44 (+6) (includes critical care)

York Region (reported on Tuesday May 17 at 4 pm)

  • 93 (-23) hospitalizations, 9 (-2) in ICU**
  • 1 new admissions on May 15
  • 110,191 confirmed cases of COVID-19
  • 121 new cases
  • 1 more death, totaling 953

    • A Markham woman in her 60s passed away on May 12.

Institutional outbreaks 30 (+6)

  • 9 new outbreaks in the last 7 days
  • Declared outbreaks in:

    • Eagle Terrace Long Term Care Home (Outbreak #7), Newmarket
    • Markhaven Home for Seniors LTC (Outbreak #5), Markham
    • Mon Sheong Private Care Retirement Home – Markham (Outbreak #6)
    • Mon Sheong Richmond Hill Retirement Home (Outbreak #3)
    • Revera Glynnwood Retirement Residence (Outbreak #5), Markham
    • Markham Stouffville Hospital (Outbreak #9), Markham
    • Southlake Regional Health Center (Outbreak #11), Newmarket
    • Thornhill Retirement Home Dawn (Outbreak #7), Vaughan
    • Cedar Heights Residential Life (Outbreak #3), Markham
    • Amica Swan Lake Retirement Home (Outbreak #4), Markham

  • Buds closed in:

    • 360 Kids – Group Home (Outbreak #2), Markham
    • Amica Unionville Retirement Home (Outbreak #5), Markham
    • Chartwell Park Place Retirement Residence (Outbreak #3), Aurora
    • Chartwell Woodhaven LTC (outbreak #5), Markham
    • Sunrise of Aurora Retirement Home (Outbreak #4)

recovery measures

  • 128 (-5) 7-day average of new cases
  • 14.1% positivity

vaccines

  • 84.5% residents with 1 dose; 81.6% with 2 doses, 50.5% with 3 doses, 4.9% with 4 doses
  • Residents 5+ 88.7% 1 dose, 85.8% 2 doses
  • 63.6% 5-11 vaccinated at least 1 dose

Around the region:

  • Markham 25,399 (+37) cases, 297 cases in the last 7 days, 264 active
  • Vaughan 41,344 (+28) cases, 237 cases in the last 7 days, 218 active
  • Richmond Hill 16,455 (+24) cases, 179^ cases in the last 7 days, 168 active
  • Newmarket 7,470 (+10) cases, 74^ cases in the last 7 days, 69 active
  • Whitchurch-Stouffville 3,730 (+4) cases, 42 cases in last 7 days, 40 active
  • Aurora 4,816 (+7) cases, 35^ cases in the last 7 days, 37^ active
  • Georgina 3,271 (+1) cases, 29 cases in the last 7 days, 27 active
  • King 2,599 (+4) cases, 15 cases in the last 7 days, 14 active
  • East Gwillimbury 2,745 (+3) cases, 13^ cases in last 7 days, 10 active

Ontario (reported at 10:30 am on May 18 for May 17)

  • 1,290,249 confirmed COVID-19 PCR cases
  • 1,692 new cases confirmed by PCR
  • 16 more deaths, totaling 13,099 (2 deaths occurred more than 1 month ago)
  • 1,248 hospitalized
  • 173 in ICU
  • 76 on a fan

vaccines

  • 83% all ages fully vaccinated, 3% partially vaccinated, totaling 86%

**York Region Public Health Data Note: Hospitalization data indicates COVID-19 positive individuals in York Region hospitals and is not limited to York Region residents. The data includes people hospitalized for COVID-19 and those who may be in the hospital for another reason but have tested positive for COVID-19. *With Omicron’s rapid transmission and provincial changes in eligibility for testing and case management, reported case counts and outbreaks are an underestimate of the number of people with COVID-19 and outbreaks in York Region and Ontario.




Reference-www.newmarkettoday.ca

Leave a Comment