The President of the European Commission delivers her annual State of the Union address to the European Parliament in plenary session.
Follow his speech live.
To remember in brief:
- This is the 10th State of the European Union Address, the second for Ursula Von der Leyen;
- MEPs will express their opinion on the work and plans of the European Commission after the speech;
- The Covid crisis will be the center of attention; the President of the Commission should reaffirm that the European Union is now in the lead against the United States in terms of vaccination;
- Recovery plan: the envelope of 807 billion euros intended to revive the economies of the Member States hit by the Covid should also feature prominently;
- The efforts of the European Union to combat climate change and protect the rule of law will also certainly be mentioned.