- Prince Harry’s wife Meghan Markle is pregnant with their second child
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expecting their second child, their office confirmed
- The baby will be the eighth in line to the British throne
Prince Harry’s wife, Meghan Markle, is pregnant with their second child, the news was confirmed by the British royal couple’s office.
“We can confirm that Archie is going to be a big brother. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are extremely happy to be expecting their second child, “a spokesman for the couple said in a statement.
The baby, a great-grandson of Queen Elizabeth II, will be the eighth in line to the British throne, after her older brother, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, notes The Associated Press.
Prince Harry and the Duchess of Sussex
Prince Harry and the Duchess of Sussex, formerly known as Meghan Markle, were married at Windsor Castle in May 2018. Their son Archie was born the following year.
In 2020, Meghan and Harry announced that they were resigning their royal duties and moving to North America, dissatisfied with “the intolerable meddling and racist attitudes of the British media.” They recently purchased a home in Santa Barbara, California.
In November, Meghan made it known that she suffered a miscarriage in July 2020, providing a personal version of that traumatic experience in the hope that it will be helpful to others.
In addition, recently, a newspaper violated the privacy of the Duchess of Sussex by publishing a personal letter that she wrote to her father, according to a British judge, which was a great victory for the member of the royal family in her campaign against what he considers as intrusion of the press.
Meghan Markle started lawsuit over privacy violation
The 39-year-old Duchess, formerly known as Meghan Markle, sued publisher Associated Newspapers for privacy and copyright infringement over five articles published in February 2019.
These articles were published in the Mail on Sunday and the website MailOnline, which included large excerpts from a letter to his father, Thomas Markle, The Associated Press reported.
Supreme Court Justice Mark Warby ruled that the publisher abused the Duchess’s private information.
Prince Harry’s wife won the case?
He said the Duchess “had a reasonable expectation that the content of the letter would be kept private. The Mail articles interfered with that reasonable expectation, “according to The Associated Press.
Associated Newspapers refuted the allegation. This trial would have been one of the largest civil cases in years in London, but at hearings last month, the Duchess’s lawyers called for a “summary” trial to resolve the case without the need to go to trial.
The judge agreed and said that the publication of Meghan’s private letter “was manifestly excessive and therefore illegal.” “There is no prospect of a different decision being reached after a trial,” he said.
Filed Under: Meghan Markle Pregnancy
What did the judge decide on the Duchess of Sussex case?
Meghan’s lawyers say the five-page “deeply personal” letter was addressed solely to her father.
But the defense maintained that Meghan wrote the letter as part of a media strategy to refute a negative image expressed by her father, and with the help of the communications team in the royal couple’s Kensington Palace office.
Thursday’s decision means Meghan won her case on privacy grounds, but the judge said a “limited trial” must be held to decide who has the copyright to the letter.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and participate for a $ 100 gift card each month. Receive your favorite news in your inbox from today.
Filed Under: Meghan Markle Pregnancy