Welcome to this live dedicated to the 73e edition of the Emmy Awards, the trophies of American television.
- The ceremony is taking place in Los Angeles and is scheduled to start at 5 p.m. local time, i.e. 2 a.m. in France.
- Since 1995, the four big American television networks, CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox, broadcast the Emmys in turn. This year, it’s CBS. In France, the Série Club channel broadcasts the ceremony, presented by actor Cedric the Entertainer.
- After a 100% virtual evening in 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the ceremony takes place again with guests in person, but they will be handpicked. The limit having been set at 500 people (against 4,000 to 6,000 in normal times), an appointment only gives the right to three invitation cards.
- “The Crown” and “The Mandalorian” have each been nominated 24 times, and are followed by WandaVision (23), The Scarlet Handmaid (21), the satirical sketch show Saturday Night Live (21), Ted lasso (20), Lovecraft Country (18), The Lady’s Game (18) and Mare of Easttown (16).
- The HBO pay channel and its streaming platform HBO Max got the most nominations (130), followed closely by Netflix (129). Far behind you can find Disney + (71) and the traditional NBC channel (46).
The opinion of the “World” on the main series, actresses and actors named:
‘The Mandalorian’ explores familiar planets on Disney +
A gifted young girl puts men in check in “The Lady’s Game”
The “WandaVision” series, the world’s premonition after the Covid-19 pandemic
On OCS Max, the long and painful road of “The Scarlet Handmaid” to freedom
With “Mare of Easttown”, Kate Winslet leads the investigation under the gray skies of Pennsylvania
“Lovecraft Country”, on OCS: the horror of the 1950s, in black and white, and in color