Vitamin C is essential for the proper functioning of the immune system and thanks to its antioxidant power it is key in the prevention of diseases.
Photo: Image by pasja1000 on Pixabay / Pixabay
We all know that vitamins rthey represent one of the major nutrient groups in the diet, participate in numerous vital functions of the body and are essential in the metabolism, development and growth.
While all vitamins are important and are associated with specific benefits, probably one of the More popular Y fundamental Be the vitamin C also known as L-ascorbic acid. The truth is is naturally present in some foods, is often added to some commercial products and is also available as dietary supplement.
One of the main recommendations for be in good health is to ensure optimal consumption of essential nutrients, it is well known that one of the most important is vitamin C. Although it is one of the key substances for strengthen the immune system and prevent disease, taking vitamin C every day is associated with a long list of health benefits which we will talk about later.
The main natural sources to get the right levels of vitamin C, are a wide, colorful and rich selection of fruits and vegetables. Among the main ones, the whole family of citric fruits (orange, lemon, grapefruit, lime and tangerine), bell peppers, Brussels sprouts, tomatoes, kiwis, melon, strawberries Y spinach. However, for many people it is difficult to comply with the recommended daily dose through food and resort to taking it in supplement form.
What happens in the body when taking vitamin C daily:
1. Helps the body heal: Vitamin C is an essential component of the connective tissue and is a popular nutrient to favor wound healing, in fact it plays a fundamental role.
2. Powerful antioxidant: Vitamin C is considered one of the more powerful antioxidants of nature, thanks to this it has properties to reduce cell damage. It specifically relates to great qualities to prevent the effects of oxidative stress, one of the main causes of the appearance of degenerative diseases and the premature aging.
3. Increases collagen production: It is well known that vitamin C is essential for the biosynthesis of the collagen and also benefits production. That is why vitamin C is a very important ingredient and used in all kinds of beauty products, is related to great benefits for a radiant and smooth skin.
4. It can improve heart health: There is evidence to support the benefits of vitamin C to keep all types of cardiovascular diseases. ORno of the most relevant studies published by National Library of Medicine, which was based on studying more than 85,000 women, found that the intake of vitamin C both from food sources and in dietary and supplemental form, reduced the risk of coronary heart disease.
5. Protects eye health: The vitamin C is a very important nutrient for vision, various eye doctors recommend its consumption for prevent and even treat macular degeneration and cataracts, considered the main causes of loss of vision in older people.
6. Against any cold: Vitamin C is essential for strengthen and stimulate the immune system, in such a way that it is of great help in disease and infection prevention in respiratory tract. At the same time it is a great ally during colds, as it tends to shorten the duration of the cold and improves the severity of symptoms.
The good news is today we have on hand numerous alternatives to obtain the daily vitamin C requirements, while getting it through fresh, naturally sourced foods and of season it is the most recommended way; complement it with supplements It is easy, accessible and it is a habit with great benefits for the general health.