Friday, October 30

Lakeville nursing home evacuated due to high levels of carbon monoxide


Older adults need to be in neighborhoods where they are understood.

This Saturday, residents of a nursing home located in Lakeville, Massachusetts, had to be evacuated after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected in the facility.

The Fire Department of the area was in charge of determining the action to be taken, which was completed in the morning.

Specialists came to the site after a carbon monoxide alarm went off. The building, located at 42 Lebaron Boulevard, has 56 units to receive people over 55 years of age.

Once at the site, they determined that carbon monoxide levels were greater than 100 per milligram.

Although the rain was felt from the beginning of the day, the residents were under shelter once they were forced to evacuate the structure.

Ambulances showed up at the site to check people for possible poisoning; however, none of the residents required transfer to a health center.

In the fire department’s judgment, the heating malfunction may have caused the high levels. Once this system was deactivated, the carbon monoxide dropped immediately.

When the situation was stabilized, the residents returned to their place.

Lakeville Fire Marshal Mike O’Brien said he was very lucky, as “the carbon monoxide detectors worked as intended and alerted occupants to the presence of carbon monoxide. This should be a reminder to all of us. how important it is to have these devices in our homes. Especially with the winter months to come. ”




eltiempolatino.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *